Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day/Singles Awareness Day



Yes, it's that time of year again where either you're either celebrating being in a relationship or crying in your beer because you're not.  Either way, there is art out there just for you.  Yes, even us singletons.  I call this day Singles Awareness Day, but my friend Carolyn is more optimistic, calling it Singles Appreciation Day, which, quite frankly, I like better.

This month's theme for the Milwaukee Artist Trading Card Live Trade is Valentine's Day/Anti-Valentine's Day, and being both a romantic and a cynic, this is right up my alley.  So, to celebrate, I did a little of both using images off the internet (Google Images is awesome for this) and stickers I found at Michael's. 

First, the romantic ones:




Now, the, um, SAD ones:



And, I have to admit, this is one of my favorites:



If you live in the Milwaukee area and want to see what other artists have come up with regarding Valentine’s Day (or even better, Anti-Valentine’s Day), go to http://www.carolynbrady.com/liveATC.html to see when and where we will be meeting next.  And if you’ve ever wondered if making ATC’s is for you, stop by and introduce yourself.  Everyone is very nice and would love to show you what they’ve made.

Have a wonderful V-Day (or whatever you’d like to call it).  Just remember, singletons, St. Patty’s Day is right around the corner (and Cinco de Mayo, Spring Break - I think I need a cocktail).

No comments:

Post a Comment