Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Art to Celebrate the City of Light


I don't really have a bucket list, but if I did, visiting Paris would be right at the top.  I've always been fascinated with the City of Light with it's amazing architecture, food and art.  My friend Micki recently visited Paris and took a lot of wonderful photographs, including many inside the Louvre, which made me want to visit even more. 

This week, the citizens of France will be celebrating Bastille Day on the 14th, which celebrates the beginning of the French Revolution.  In Milwaukee, we even have a festival commemorating the holiday which runs Thursday through Sunday with french cuisine, strolling performers (aka Buskers), wine tastings and even a dog costume parade.  For information on the Bastille Days festival, go to http://www.easttown.com/events/bastille-days.

Last spring, I created the above and following Artist Trading Cards for the "Springtime" themed swap.  I had a lot of fun interpreting Paris in springtime with the polka-dotted paper and french-inspired stickers.  This month's theme for the Milwaukee swap (being held on July 28) will be "Prints and Printmaking" and I've already decided on my theme.  When those are finished, I will definitely post them.  In the meantime, enjoy my Parisian creations, and vive la France!









1 comment: