Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Classic Car Wednesday in Waukesha


Every Wednesday evening until September, the Waukesha Old Car Club holds a get-together in the parking lot of Weissgerber's Gasthaus, complete with music and food.  I remembered hearing about this a couple of weeks ago, so I grabbed my Canon camera and took these photos before my class.

At about 4:30 on these Wednesday evenings, members of the Old Car Club start pulling into the Gasthaus parking lot (located at 2720 N. Grandview Blvd, Waukesha, WI) where each car is driven into place and the cars are arranged by color, which I thought was quite unique.  There were a lot of cars I had never seen before, or even heard of, but each one was gorgeous, and the owners take great care to keep them in perfect condition. 

I thought this first one was a lot like a car Bruce Wayne would be driven in by Alfred in Batman.


I loved the bright yellow color of this car, and the hood ornament is a greyhound.  I don't know the maker of this car.  If you do, please enter it in the comments section.


This one reminded me a lot of the car they used to use in the 80's ZZ Top music videos.


I loved the red stripes of this car.  Even the steering wheel is red.


This is one of the cars I had never heard of before, and I loved the bulbous front end.



I have received the most comments on this one, which I also use as the cover photo for my Etsy shop's Facebook page:


Once again, I had a great time taking photographs of these amazing classic cars.  You can take a look around yourself at Weissgerber's Gasthaus until September.  The Waukesha Old Card Club will also be hosting a Car Show in the Park at Frame Park in Waukesha on August 12th.  For details on that event, go to http://www.waukeshaoldcarclub.org/.

1 comment:

  1. It’s great that there are people who still find interest in these cars. Well, who can blame them? These vintage beauties are worth all the love and attention. Even though they are thing of the past, their charm and whimsy are still quite captivating. I must say that the owners did a pretty good job on the restorations. They all look shiny and new.

    -Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete