Friday, August 23, 2013

More Flower (and Garden) Photos from Madison


The few times I've gone out and taken photos in my area, they've mostly been flower photos since, in my state, our time with these beautiful botanicals, is short.  Last weekend, I visited Madison's Olbrich Botanical Garden before their flowers started to wilt and had a great time.  The Garden is so vast and so full with different types of flowers, fountains and statues, that it's a great (and peaceful) way to spend the day.  I was thrilled to practice my close-up photography in such various ways:

 






I also got some photos of the Garden's structures including an Asian hut shipped to Madison from Japan in 2001:


What they call the "Rose Tower":


One of their gorgeous fountains:


After I went through the gardens, I went into Olbrich's main building where they had a day lily exhibition.  I had no idea there were so many varieties:





I was even fortunate to capture one of the many butterflies that are now part of Olbrich's Observatory.


If you are ever in Madison, Wisconsin, the Olbrich Botanical Garden is a great way to spend part of the day and get away from the bustling city.  And it's FREE!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jamie .. the photos are beautiful. Love all the bright colors.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete