Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Summer in Pictures


I feel bad that I've gone two months without posting to this blog.  I would like to say that my summer has been so jam-packed, I haven't had time to write anything - but that would be false.  Truth is, I haven't done too much in Milwaukee this summer.  I missed all but one of the festivals, didn't go to any outdoor concerts, or take any trips besides the one to Savannah.  This is mostly due to not having the money to do any of these things.  I also had a volunteer job taking performance photos for a local community theatre, but it turned out to not be as much fun as I thought it would, and I just resigned.  Also, last summer, I made my big purchase of a Canon DSLR camera, and spent the entire summer going places and taking photos.  So, I feel like everything I wanted to do, I did last summer.

I did get out a few times this summer to take photos, though.  I went down to Milwaukee's South Shore (aka Bay View), and got some shots of the boats there:


I even found a cool "history of Bay View" mural:


At the end of June, I volunteered at the Lakefront Festival of Art, and took some photos of the great sculptures before my shift:



And then a couple of weeks ago, when it was overcast but not rainy, I practiced my macro flower photography at a local park's garden:




I'm hoping to stay more up-to-date on the blog.  I just took some photos this morning before brunch with a local Meetup group.  If those photos turned out as I hope, I will post them this week.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I love photography too but I'm don't have DSLR camera yet.
    new GFC follower
    Here is my Inspire me Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michie! You can also take great photos with a cheaper point-and-shoot. They are getting better every year.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos!! The gang over at My Personal Accent, would like to invite you to link-up this incredible post at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party. Share your creative ideas, recipes, and any other family friendly content . If you have a giveaway or contest you’d like to promote, feel free to post it on our giveaway page. Come on over and show us what you’ve got! http://www.mypersonalaccent.com/the-blog-strut-peacock-style-6/

    ReplyDelete