Sunday, September 21, 2014

Into The Woods: Retzer Nature Center


Last Sunday, I joined a group of friends for a walk through Retzer Nature Center, a state trail located in Waukesha.  I have been there a few times in the past to take photos, but it was great to see the park through the eyes of some friends who hadn't been there yet. 

One of our favorite places in the park was the path into the woods shown below.


This part of the park had a great old tree with different angled branches that looked like something from a stage set.


Another first for me was seeing the vistas you can only get to by climbing hills in the trail that I had always avoided.  But the scenery was beautiful.



My main goal was to get different compositions than I had shot before.  Using this approach made me see things on the trails I had never seen before.




I kind of liked walking Retzer's trails in late summer since the last time I was there was mid-fall and most of the leaves had turned.  This has given me a great set of photos from this region from throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment